Friday, January 4, 2013

Changes


"We change our dreams, but we never change our friends" - Nela

At the end of this year (last year actually), was very lucky to enjoy this small town again. The city where I spent most of my teenage years, has changed a lot. Yap anything could changed, no exception, and at the beginning of this year, I want to make a change for the better. But for sure, I do not want to change my friends.
Wearing my dad's caramel shirt, which must be oversized on me. But I felt comfy with that. Especially with pale green Converse shoes which always be there for me, hahaha. Met up with my bff, Nela, enjoying the fresh air, the memories, while trying the iconic Ronde Jago. A very fine day, to remember how our past and present. Life lessons that make people changes.


Ronde Kacang Jago

Randomly found old picture of Salatiga small town from Salatiga Photo Archives
Seeing the "old" us, then we realized that we had a lot of changes. So interesting.

Clock tower at the heart of Salatiga, with view of mount Merbabu.

I thought it was Kauman.

Rumah Sakit Umum

Benteng now become DPRD building

Salatiga bus station at Blotongan, now moved to Tingkir area.


The "new" bus station in 60's

ESTO = Eerste Salatigasche Transport Ondememing
First Salatiga Transport Enterprises
And I have a lot of memories on this bus, which is still works until now.

"Pasar Besar" Jalan Jendral Sudirman, Now becoming the main shopping strip in Salatiga.

Hotel Kalitaman, where a whoman built that place by herself.

Institut Roncalli, now its become so beautiful with tall pine trees around.

4 comments:

  1. Just dropped here, inspiring word inside, nice sharing boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this.
    I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Here is my homepage : how to calculate bmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest
    but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead
    and bookmark your site to come back later on. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete